Hot-melt bladder repair tape to fix bladder. Thermoplastic heat-sensitive adhesive material which provides permanent repair in minutes, basically requires no curing time. You can be back in the water as soon as the tape is applied!
With hot iron application for a few seconds repair tape form an exceptionally strong, flexible and durable bond with existing bladder.
Non-sticky nature of the tape provides long-term adhesion, as it doesn’t attract dirt that may weaken the bond over time. Unlike solvent-based products it doesn’t degrade over time or release harmful solvents into the environment. It is heat resistant after curing and maintains its performance characteristics despite exposure to UV, salt,…
- Heat resistant after curing
- UV & Salt resistant
- Cost effective
- 1pc Hot melt film (100 x 15cm)
- 1pc heat shield paper
- 2pcs alcohol wipes
You don’t have to be an expert to use this product but a little attention to detail will go along way!
- Use a LOW setting on the iron, too hot and you can melt the bladder. This product has been designed for a low heat setting to prevent damage to the bladder.
- Cover the bladder with the grease proof paper as it stops direct heat on the bladder.
- Clean the bladder well and allow it to dry. If it is dirty the patch will stick to the dirt and not the bladder
- Remove all sand from the bladder and surrounding area. If you iron onto sand all you will do is push the sand grains through the bladder making more leaks!
- Allow a good overlap of the patch to seal well.
- If all else fails and you do get some wrinkles and small air leaks then surround the patch with a line of Dr Tuba bladder glue and this will sort the problem.
- A perfect product using modern hi tec fabric that if used correctly will make any bladder repair a pleasure.