Dr Tuba Nylon Ripstop Adhesive Kite Repair Tape
Got a small split in your canopy or some pin prick holes you don’t want to get worse and it’s not big enough to warrant a professional repair?
Dr Tuba sticky backed Ripstop Nylon is the answer! It is just that, a ripstop nylon strip with a very sticky back to it. Simply clean off the kite with one of the two supplied alcohol wipes*, allow it to fully dry then cut a patch to the size you need. Round off the corners for best results and stick in place. A permanent repair for small holes and pin pricks. Perfect to keep in your kite kit to save a session.
Comes 5cm wide from the roll.
The pack contains one roll of ripstop nylon tape in Red 5cm wide by 145cm long and two alcohol wipes.
*Pieces sold without alcohol wipes in multiples of 10cm lengths. If you require 5cmx30cm add 3 to the basket, if you needed 5cmx60cm add 6 to the basket. Longest length available is 5cmx145cm. (full roll)
Repair smaller tears in the kite canopy. For greater tears or tears in high load area please use our FiberFIX mesh tapes or send the kite to pro repair.
Step by step procedures:
CANOPY REPAIR (WITH RIPSTOP TAPE)
- Cut off to damaged fabrics and fabrics threads
- Pre-sand the damaged area with fine sanding paper
- Clean the area with alcohol swabs and leave to air-dry
- Cut the tape to desired length and round the edges
- Peel & stick the tape over the tear overlapping it by at least 2cm
- Firmly press the tape and remove all air bubbles
- Heat the repair with hair dryer to get better bond (do not overheat!)
Using hair drier on too big temperature, too close or too long may damage your kite!